Payment for all expenses incurred at Grace Christian School will be met through three sources: 1) payment of tuition and fees, 2) gifts and donations, and 3) approved fundraising efforts. Tuition and fee structures for Grace Christian School are reviewed annually and are therefore subject to change. A current school bill structure can be obtained from the school office. Monthly payments for the school bill are accepted as a convenience to school families. The school board requires that post-dated cheques beginning July 1 for twelve consecutive months be used to pay the school bill. Grace Christian School is a non-profit ministry of Grace Baptist Church and it does not solicit nor accept direct government funding.
The tuition fees for Grace Christian School for the school year 2013/14 are:
- Junior Kindergarten - $3200 (half day Mon-Fri) or $5000 (full day)
- Kindergarten - Grade 12 Rates
- One Child - $4620
- Two Children -$7220
- Three Children - $9400
- Four Children - $10500
Tuition fees are all-inclusive and include tuition, books, and fundraising (SCRIP) fee.
It is the goal of Grace Christian School to work with all families so that attending GCS is possible and financially attainable. The following payment options are available:
- Pay tuition in full by the first week of September and save $150
- Pay monthly over 12 months beginning in July or 10 months beginning in September
- Set up a special payment arrangement approved by the principal
Tuition Reduction Incentives
- Gordon MacLeod Scholarship - Tuition assistance for new families and current families that require financial support.
- Grace Baptist Church member Bursary - Members of GBC receive a $200 tuition bursary.
- SCRIP - Families that participate in our SCRIP gift card program can use their SCRIP rebate to reduce the following year’s tuition.
- Referral Program - Any family that refers a new family that enrols children at Grace Christian School will receive a $250 credit toward their tuition.
Scrip Fundraising Fee
Scrip is Grace Christian School's simple fundraising program using gift cards from popular retailers. The school purchases these gift cards at a discount and resells them to parents for the face value of the card. The difference in price is retained by the school.
Once the fundraising fee amount has been reached, the family will then start earning back fifty percent of the card premium to be returned to that family in June in the form of their choice of gift cards, tuition bursary, donation to GCS staff, or donation to GCS Plant a Seed Fund.
Re-enrollment fee is non-refundable. Failure to re-enroll by April 30 will result in your child's place being made available to another student.
- Before April 30 - $200 per family
- Before June 30 - $250 per family
- After June 30 - $300 per family
Except in extenuating circumstances, any students whose account is not paid in full at the end of the year will not be allowed to re-enroll at GCS for the next school year. Any account not current by April will not be eligible for re-enrollment.
Registration Fee For New Families
The registration fee for new families is $250 non-refundable and payable upon registration.
Full Sum Tuition Discount
If parents decide to pay their tuition fees in full by July 1 of the current year, $150 will be deducted from the full tuition rate.
School payments are due on the fifth day of each month from July to June.
Unless arrangements have been made which are acceptable to the school board's finance committee, any family with an outstanding school bill after thirty (30) days will be contacted to inform them that their children are no longer eligible to attend the school.
A penalty of $35.00 will be charged in addition to the next school payment for any NSF cheque given to Grace Christian School.