The purpose of Grace Christian School is to offer a thorough Christian education, based on the inerrant and authoritative Word of God, with the ultimate goal of training each student to love the Lord with all his heart, soul, and mind.
The school provides a liberal arts curriculum, incorporating Christian standards of discipline and instruction with a continuous emphasis on Christian morals and ethics.
The school strives for excellence by teaching a curriculum based on a Christ–centred world view, providing a qualified Christian faculty, and fostering obedience to God as the Sovereign Creator and Source of all truth and knowledge.
The school desires that students learn that Christianity is relevant to our culture and that each student has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. It aspires to graduate students who are spiritually, academically, emotionally, physically, and socially mature and are prepared to invest their lives impacting society for the glory of God.
Grace Christian School will create an environment where students have the opportunity to be intellectually developed individuals, appropriate for their age and ability and who:
- Meet the academic requirements of the GCS Curriculum, accredited by the Province of PEI and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
- Use critical thinking, creativity, logic and common sense to effectively make decisions and solve problems.
- Communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Demonstrate understanding and competency in the use of modern technology.
Grace Christian School will create an environment where students have the potential to be healthy Christian individuals, appropriate for their age and development, who:
- Express their faith in and relationship with Jesus Christ and are able to articulate a defence for the Christian faith. Galatians 2:20, I Peter 3:15,16
- Actively participate in a local church. Hebrews 10:24- 25
- Are aware and support the work of missions. Matthew 28:19-20
- Actively engage in service activities. Galatians 5:13-14
Grace Christian School will create an environment where students have the potential to be physically fit individuals, appropriate for their age and ability, who:
- Regard their bodies as God’s temple and use them to glorify Him.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Participate in a variety of sports and other physical activities.
Grace Christian School will create an environment where students have the potential to be socially skilled individuals, appropriate for their age and ability, who:
- Demonstrate a loving attitude in social interactions.
- Work effectively in teams.
- Respect and honour fellow students, parents, teachers and others in authority.
- Exhibit a work ethic that honours God.
- Communicate effectively with others.
GCS will endeavour to teach each student the kind of character and attitude which is necessary in becoming a productive, balanced, and successful adult.